Friday, October 31, 2003

8/11/2006; 2:32:59 AM


Improved efficiencies in information processing ...
While I was working at Novell, I used the GroupWise solution that they offer for e-mail and collaboration. One of the terms that was used over and over again was the "Universal Inbox" ... meaning that they wanted all of your incoming information to be delivered through the GroupWise user interface. It was actually a very impressive product, and I have to admit that I really miss using it. It never became what the creators envisioned, however it took great strides in the right direction.



This project at MIT is also moving in this same direction. It is exploring ways to consolidate a wide range of information sources into a user interace for optimal information processing by humans. It has some very impressive customization features, and I like many of the concepts behind it's personalization.



This is more of a trend towards, what I call, Humaneural Software ... software that enables humans to operate in a neural fashion ...

Haystack - Universal Information Client [Nooface: In Search of the Post-PC Interface]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home